Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is not supported, and you may experience difficulties while browsing this site. Please use an alternative browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
COVID-19 Resources: Learn how to apply character strengths to boost resilience and support others.
Past Webinars and Workshops
Presentations in 2018
- Lecture/workshop, University of Pennsylvania, MAPP students (January 2018).
- Lecture, Mayerson Academy (March 2018). Mindful Parenting with Strengths.
- Lecture/workshop, WholeBeing Institute, coaching students (April 2018).
- Keynote, Canadian Positive Psychology Association (May 2018): http://cppa.ca/
- Workshop, Canadian Positive Psychology Association (May 2018): http://cppa.ca/
- Keynote, European Conference on Positive Psychology (June 30, 2018). The integration of mindfulness and character strengths: The rise of MBSP: https://ecpp2018.akcongress.com/
- Workshop, European Conference on Positive Psychology (June 2018): https://ecpp2018.akcongress.com/
Past Presentations in 2017
- Lecture/workshop (remote), for Open Center in New York (December 8, 2017).
- Workshop, part 2 for Hamilton County Developmental Disability Services, early intervention staff (December 1, 2017).
- Lecture (remote), University of Bolton, United Kingdom (November 29, 2017).
- Lecture (remote), Business Consultants (BCon) in Japan.
- Lecture (remote), American Association for the Advancement of Science (November 2, 2017).
- Conversation hour (remote), Certificate in Positive Psychology, The Flourishing Center (November 1, 2017). A conversation with Dr. Ryan Niemiec.
- Workshop (remote), North-West University, MAPP program in South Africa (October 31, 2017). Character strengths: Key concepts, research, and interventions.
- Workshop, for parents and professionals, Transition Bootcamp conference (October 27, 2017). What you don’t know about strengths and how it can change your life and your child’s life.
- Workshop, part 1 for Hamilton County Developmental Disability Services, early intervention staff (October 20, 2017). Discovering, understanding, and using your strengths to flourish.
- Seminar (remote), MAPP Alumni from University of Pennsylvania (October 19, 2017). Character strengths update: Nuances and applications.
- Keynote, Harvard Coaching Conference (October 13, 2017). The greatest hits of character strengths: What coaches need to know.
- Workshop, Harvard Coaching Conference (October 13, 2017). Boosting flourishing, fostering resilience: Essential character strengths tools for good coaching.
- 2-day workshop in Tokyo, Japan, to practitioners (September 17-18), Mindfulness-based strengths practice (MBSP) for practitioners.
- Positive Psychology Leader Series (remote), International Positive Psychology Association (August 29, 2017). Character strengths research and interventions.
- Let It Ripple, talk/interview (remote) for educators and teachers (August 24, 2017). Strengths of character in education.
- Workshop (remote), University of Mississippi, to professors and faculty (August 8, 2017). Character strengths interventions: Teaching tools for the strengths-based instructor.
- Host, MBSP discussion group, International Positive Psychology Association (July 13, 2017). MBSP gathering: Your MBSP applications.
- Host, VIA gathering, International Positive Psychology Association (July 13, 2017). VIA gathering for researchers and practitioners.
- Chair, symposium, International Positive Psychology Association (July 15, 2017). Best practices in positive psychology for disability.
- Invited symposium, International Positive Psychology Association (July 14, 2017). From research to practice: The application of character strengths.
- Workshop, International Positive Psychology Association (July 13, 2017). Character strengths interventions: Tools for the strengths-based practitioner.
- Lecture/workshop (remote) Organizational Development Network of New York (June 27, 2017). Flourishing at work: Using the new science of character strengths to help leaders, managers, and employees.
- Workshop, Independent Living Retreat for young adults with Down syndrome (3 workshops, June 24, 2017). Practicing strengths-spotting.
- Keynote/workshop, the Counseling Source (June 9, 2017). Finding flourishing: Bridging the science and practice of character strengths for you and your clients.
- Workshop, Mount Saint Joseph University, level 2 (June 6, 2017). Using character strengths to help students to flourish.
- TEDx talk, Xavier University (April 6, 2017). A new universal language that describes what’s best in us.
- TEDx talk, Xavier University: dress rehearsal and other rehearsals.
- Empowering Families Conference (March 3, 2017), for parents and practitioners. What’s best in you and others? How you can use the new science of character strengths.
- Fluke Corporation (February 27, 2017), to international staff. Character strengths at work: The what, why, and how of human flourishing and connecting.
- Down Syndrome Advocates in Action conference (February 25, 2017), to directors and community leaders across the United States. Leader, know thyself! But how? Lessons from the new science of character.
- LADD, half-day workshops (February 6, 2017 and April 11, 2017), to staff at a disability organization. Discovering, understanding, and using your character strengths to flourish.
- Wholebeing Institute, for coaches (January - March 2017), with Donna Mayerson, Ph.D. (8 sessions). Mindfulness and character strengths in coaching.
- Keynote, Rabbis Without Borders, The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership (January 31, 2017). Using character strengths to flourish.
- University of Pennsylvania, Master’s in Applied Positive Psychology program (January 13, 2017). Character strengths: Using the VIA in applied settings.
- Wholebeing Institute, positive psychology certification program (January 12, 2017). The VIA character strengths-building toolbox.
- Open Center in New York City, for positive psychology certification students (January 4, 2017). The art of character strengths and mindfulness practices.
Contact Us to learn more about booking a Personalized Webinar/Workshop